Sustaining Cultural Heritage
The Foundation stimulates, develops, documents, curates artistic donations and makes cultural heritage accessible to the collecting institutions and the general public.
The art and musical heritage which emerged from colonization, slavery, settlement and resettlement, trade, and forced migrations has generated our focus. HFACS’s vision is to provide a mechanism to celebrate, support and sustain artistic and cultural heritage, in the Gulf South and by extension in all countries of origin.
Receiving objects and funds in support of specific projects worldwide that forward arts and cultural sustainability related to our foundation’s mission including :
Repatriation: Providing services to facilitate the repatriation of cultural artifacts in physical and digital form to national entities who pledge to uphold HFACS’ mission of using culture to bridge differences between people of different
backgrounds and to promote peace and sustainable development worldwide.
Technical, Logistical, and Fiscal Support: Providing fiscal sponsorship to partners and organizations that share the foundation’s vision.
Consulting and management support services to support institutions that strive to promote artistic and musical heritage.
Developing and distributing educational materials and objects in physical or digital form that represent arts and music from our target population in support of the foundation’s mission.
Expanding public awareness of ethnographic art objects through HFACS’s collections online and on exhibit.
Providing a venue for the distribution of donations and/or sale of objects and images or recordings forward the foundation objectives.
Artist Assistance: Offering support to artists and musicians to enable them to continue producing their creative work.
The Heritage Foundation for Art and Cultural Sustainability (HFACS) is pleased to announce its participation and support of a new foundation with similar objectives founded in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Elyse Heritage Fondation (EHF) was formed in August 2022.
The objectives of the Foundation are multiple and fit well with the cultural and sustainable development goals of HAF. While the original document is in French, below is a summary of EHF’s objectives:
- Promote cultural exchange through the process of international cooperation in the return of cultural objects from the Congo to the museum in Kinshasa.
- Promote and support of the National Museum of the DRC.
- Promote events and exhibitions in support of the National Museum.
- Facilitate educational opportunities for DRC museum personnel and others who could benefit from cultural education.
- Support recognition of the place of women in the arts and culture in the DRC and worldwide.
- Assist in resource and fundraising for the National Museum of the DRC and other museums that have exhibit objects that originated in the DRC.
The Heritage Foundation for Art and Cultural Sustainability is pleased to have helped in the creation of the Elyse Heritage Fondation to support ethnographic art in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.